Saturday, June 15, 2013

What I'm Reading- Witch & Wizard Series

I've been reading the Witch & Wizard Series by James Patterson. The books in this series are Witch & Wizard, The Gift, The Fire, and apparently a fourth book has been released called The Kiss. It is a young adult series.

 
 



My version of the story:
Apparently some government regime called the New Order has taken over. A brother and sister, Whit and Wisty Allgood, are accused of being a wizard and witch. After being imprisoned and tortured and whatnot, they realized that these accusations against them are true. The New Order does a bunch of bad stuff and Whit and Wisty fight against it and its evil leader The One Who Is The One.

What I think:
To be honest, the only thing I've liked about these books was that they are a quick read. The plot and characters are very undeveloped, and I couldn't really get in to the story. Maybe those ten years younger than me might appreciate them more, but I feel like that isn't even fair to them. I'm just one person, but Patterson, and his numerous co-writers, definitely need to strive for books where we might actually establish a connection with the characters or even care about their fates.

No comments:

Post a Comment